Trek to Harihar Fort 2017
About Harihar fort:-Harihar fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village. It is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical (90 degrees). The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. A one metre wide rocky staircase with niches in it is carved out for ascending & descending the fort. There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase (main entrance) we walk thru below a overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs (with niches), then pass thru a staircase inside the rock (like Peth-kothligad fort) and then reach the top of the fort. The view from the top is excellent. After climbing these steps, we get up to the entrance door. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking. Making headway from here we come across a palace having two rooms in it. 10 to 12 persons can be accommodated in this palace. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
Event Batches for June 2017
18th June 2017
24th June 2017
25th June 2017
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: High
Food Arrangement: Carry bottle water and pack lunch for this trek
Transport: Shared Jeep/ Trax/ or ST bus are available
Height of Fort: 3676 ft
Base Village: Nirgudpada
Route from Pune: Pune - Pimpri - Chakan - Manchar - Alephata - Sangamner - Nashik - Trimbak – Harihar
Route from Mumbai: Mumbai - Thane - Igatpuri - Trimbak – Harihar
Distance from Mumbai: 195 km approx.
Distance from Pune: 250 km approx.
Total time required for climbing: 3.5 hours
Total distance for climbing: 7 km approx. one way
Minimum participants required: 10
Maximum participants: 35
Trek Leader: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
Duration: 1 Day
Button Tickets Buy Here
Cost: Rs 900.00
Travel up to Kasara by Local Train timings
- 00:14am Mumbai (CST)
- 12:32am Dadar
- 01:08am Thane
- 01:31am Dombivali
- 01:41am Kalyan
- 02:55am Kasara
Harihar Fort Trek
03:00 am Assembly at Kasara Rail Station.
03:30 am Start travel from Kasra to Nirgudpada by ST Bus / Jeep.
05:00 am Reach base Village
05:15 am Start trek towards Harihar
08:00 am Reach top of Harihar, Explore Harihar fort.
10:00 am Start descend.
11:30 am Travel to Nirgudpada to Kasara by ST Bus / Jeep
01:30 pm Disperse at Kasara railway station.
- Transportation from Kasara to Nirgudpada.
- Light morning breakfast, evening tea,Taxi Fare.
- Treks and Trails charges if any.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered. Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Lunch on day one not included.
How to Register
Event Batches for June 2017
4th June 2017 - Buy Tickets -
10th June 2017 - Buy Tickets -
11th June 2017 - Buy Tickets -
18th June 2017 - Buy Tickets -
24th June 2017 - Buy Tickets -
25th June 2017 - Buy Tickets -
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 900.00 per person
- State Bank of India
- Account No: 32248535175
- Account Holder Name: Mr. Rajesh Mhaddalkar
- Account: Savings
- IFSC Code: SBIN0014771
For any queries please call or email
- Rajesh Mhaddalkar +919869629288 / +919768341848 (Trek Leader)
- Treks and Trails 8828746865
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
What's in it for me?
- Offbeat trek
- Fort Exploration
- Adventure Travel
- Meeting new Friends
- Going social offline
Things to Carry
Things to carry
- Haversack to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc. Electoral or GluconD powder.
- Personal medicines.
- Sun protection cap, googles
- Torch with spare set of batteries
- Light weight towel.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
Treks and Trails India Event Rules
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Upcoming Event Updates
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828746865
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd