Rajmachi Fireflies Trek & Camping
Who are these beautiful Fireflies?
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.
Rajmachi Fort has two stronghold forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on right hand side of Borghat. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat an historical trade route.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan
- Shrivardhan Fort and Caves
- Manaranjan Fort if time permits
Batches for Rajmachi Fireflies
- 26th 27th May 2018
- 2nd 3rd June 2018
- 9th 10th June 2018
Rajmachi Fireflies Trek & Camping Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala.
- Tent Stay on 3 triple sharing.
- Shrivardhan Fort and Manoranjan Fort Exploration.
- Local Village Food.
- Separate Stay for Females.
- Cost: Rs 1600
Rajmachi Fireflies Trek & Camping - Event Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
We meet at 11:20 Hrs. (sharp) at Lonavala Railway station on Saturday.
For Mumbai Participant
Catch Koyna Express 11029 – Mumbai to Kolhapur.
For Pune Participant
Catch Pune – Lonavala local
09:59 Shivaji Nagar
11:20 Meet at Lonavala Railway Station near Ticket Counter.
11:30 Move towards Rajmachi Village by local Jeep
13:00 Reach Rajmachi Village
13:30 Lunch and rest
16:00 Manoranjan Fort and Shrivardhan fort exploration
18:00 Evening tea
19:00 After sunset enjoy fireflies
Day 2 – Sunday
07:00 Wake Up
07:30 Breakfast and Tea
08:30 Check out from campsite and move towards Lonavala station by local Jeep
10:30 Reach Lonavala station
Cost Includes - Rajmachi Fireflies
- Trek to Rajmachi Village base.
- Meals 1 Veg Lunch / 1 Evening Tea / 1 Veg Dinner / 1 Veg Breakfast and tea.
- Treks and Trails India charges.
- Travel by local Jeep from Udhewadi village to Lonavala railway station.
- Tent Stay on triple sharing basis.
- Incase of rains participant will be shifted to homestay
Cost Excludes - Rajmachi Fireflies
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
- Travel till Lonavala and back.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Incase it rains Jeep is only available half the way as road becomes not motorable, participant will have to walk 8 km till pickup point.
- Due to visitor rush during this period jeeps are sometimes unavailable or overbooked participant are requested to wait patiently for their jeep
How to Register
Batches for Rajmachi Fireflies
26th 27th May 2018 -
2nd 3rd June 2018 -
9th 10th June 2018 -
For Registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 1600.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name - Treks and Trails
Bank Name - Axis Bank
Account Number - 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code - UTIB0000695
Account Type - Current Account
Please Call or email for any clarification:
- Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/Whatsapp - 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to carry on Trek
Please note: Participant wearing Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired Shoes, kindly buy good trekking shoes. Trekking is specialist activity. Trekking shoes are must.
- A haversack / Backpack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands free while trekking.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Please wear full sleeves t-shirts and long pants.
- Identity proof (must)
- Carry Sleeping Bag or Two Bedsheets.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person.
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. For Energy while you Trek. Glucon D / Energy bars.
- Water (at least 2 - 3 Litters).
- Sun Cap.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Medicine those if you require usually.
- Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insect.
Frequently Asked Questions - Rajmachi Fireflies Trek & Camping
1. Can we drive till Rajmachi Village?
Not in monsoon. You need good 4WD vehicle as last 8 km is completely off road with small turning radius.
2. How far it is from Mumbai/Pune?
Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx.
3. Number of days required for this event?
Two days and One Night
4. Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala at your own risk
5. Is there any parking charge?
Yes parking and forest fees applicable
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Mattress: Like Yoga Mat is provided.
Sleeping bag: NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
Please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets
7. Are Toilet Available?
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
8. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
9. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
10. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available.
11. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
12. Where will we stay?
Homestay will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided.
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus and stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
12. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
13. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
14. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
15.Can we smoke or drink alcohol ?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
16. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
17. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )