Kalsubai Peak Highest Peak of Maharashtra 2017
Kalsubai Trek - Highest Peak of Maharashtra
Trek Kalsubai Peak with the height of 1646m [5400Feets] is famous as one of the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai lies in the Sahyadri mountain range. This being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Kalsubai is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb.
Batches for Monsoon Kalsubai Trek 2017
Registration is Closed for 19th 20th August 2017
- 19th 20th August 2017
- 26th 27th August 2017
- 2nd 3rd September 2017
- 9th 10th September 2017
- 16th 17th September 2017
- 23rd 24th September 2017
- 30th 1st October 2017
- Trek Leader -Rajesh Mhaddalkar
- Ticket - Rs 1200 per person
Kalsubai Trek Event Details
- Trek Grade: Medium level
- Endurance Level: High
- Height of peak: 5400 ft approx
- Base Village: Bari
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing: 4 hours one way
- Total distance for climbing: 7 km approx. one way.
- Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
- Trek Leader: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
- Contribution: 1200 per person
- Travelling by Bus
Kalsubai Trek Event Itinerary
Day 0: Saturday Night
11:00 pm: Meet us at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
11:15 pm: Departure from Dadar
12:00 am: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
Day 1: Sunday
04.00 am Reach Base Village
04.30 am Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction
04:30 am Trek Starts to Kalsubai Peak ( Please carry torch complusory )
07.30 am - Breakfast along with way - Reach Kalsubai Top Explore the summit and witness some of the other peaks from top
08.30 am Start descending
11.30 am Reach base village
12:00 pm Lunch at Base Village
03.00 pm Start return journey
09.00 pm Reach Mumbai
- 1 veg Breakfast and Veg Lunch.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
How to Register
Batches Trek Kalsubai Peak Monsoon 2017
Registration is Closed for 19th 20th August 2017
26th 27th August 2017 - Buy Tickets -
2nd 3rd September 2017
9th 10th September 2017
16th 17th September 2017
23rd 24th September 2017
30th 1st October 2017
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 1200.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
For any queries please call or email:
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 ( 11 am to 7 pm only )
- Treks and Trails 9619095743 ( 11 am to 7 pm only ) - whatsapp
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
First-trek-essentials - http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/18-explore-more/546-first-trek-essentials
Important Gear required
- One Day pack + rain cover 20 - 40 litres
- Identity proof (must)
- Head torch with extra batteries - Hand torch an alternative
- Sun Cap - Sun Glasses
- Two Full Trekking Pants - Quick Dry Material
- Two T-shirts - Full sleeves - Quick Dry Material
- Wear dark coloured clothes
- Avoid wearing white coloured clothes
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Walking stick advisable
- Trekking shoes with good grip on wet rocks
- Please avoid wearing sports shoes they have very less grip, Prefer Trekking shoes only
- Campus Trekking Shoes you can buy Rs 800 only good investment
- Floaters / Flip - flops 1 Pair (Optional) to relax after trek
- Avoid wearing repaired shoes or old shoes they will not last on this trek
Water & Food
- Water bottle / Hydration bag 2 - 3 litres
- Snacks - Energy bars - Dry fruits - Glucon D - Ors Powder
Medicine & Doctor
- Personal Medical Kit - Please carry First Aid Kit
- Please visit your Doctor before starting any outdoor trek or activity
- Sunscreen cream - Hand sanitiser
Rainwear & Monsoon Precaution
- Rain Jacket - Poncho - Waterproof pants if you don’t want to get wet
- Dry Bag or Plastic bag to keep clothes dry
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Carry alternate cheap phone or dry bag for phone and power-bank for charging
- Heavy Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
Event Itinerary & Safety First
- Please read the event itinerary
- Trekking is a specialist activity please come prepared
- Check you shoes, make sure your shoes are sturdy repaired ones or old shoes will not last in mountains.
- While trekking there is no one to impress so please don’t worry about fashion and bring sturdy gear which can survive mountain climate.
- If you have good gear there is no need to invest in new gear
Physical - Mental - Medical Preparation
- Physical and positive frame of mind will help you keep pace.
- Bring your personal medication and basic first aid
- Visit a doctor for approval and judge your fitness before enrolling any trekking activity
- Stay calm during during difficult moments it will help you.
- Keep leeway in your travel plans just in case, mountain weather can affect your travel plans
- Dont worry about shoes getting wet while crossing streams or gear getting damage while trekking you can always replace them, but injury will lead to end of trek
How to protect your gear
- Rain cover for your backpack will help keep your backpack dry and protect it from thorns and rocks.
- Dry bag / Waterproof kitbag to keep your clothes and gadgets dry and protected
- Dont walk with your phones or camera in hand one slip and you can damage your expensive gadgets
Be a Cool Traveller
- Stay Organised by keeping necessary toiletries handy
- Smile and be courteous with locals and other travellers
- Learn local greetings Namaste / Julay / Salaam it will help you connect with people.
- Be environment friendly carry water bottle which can be refilled instead of purchasing bottled water
- Dont create extra plastic waste with food wrappers always leave the campsite cleaned
- Carry your garbage back home and dispose it, Kalsubai Mountain is eco sensitive area
- Follow Directions of Trek Leader
- Respect Local People
Kalsubai Trek - Treks and Trails India Event Rules
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- No Risky Selfies are allowed
- Listening to Music on speakers or earphone not allowed
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change / deviate / cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts / tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
- Trekking is specialist activity do not consider this as picnic
- Any adventure sports is prone to risk and injuries
- Do not feed wild animals
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Wear good trekking shoes. Take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 9619095743
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd