Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping 2018
Sandhan Valley Trek
Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri Western Ghats. The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai 5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft and at some places sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
Batches for Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping for 2018
- 28th 29th April 2018
- 5th 6th May 2018
- 12th 13th May 2018
- 19th 20th May 2018
- 26th 27th May 2018
Images Sandhan Valley Trek
Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping Event Details
Region - Igatpuri
Contribution - Rs 1800
Assembly - Kasara railway station
Duration - 2 days and 2 nights
Sandhan Valley Trek Route Itinerary
Board Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST on Friday.
Kasara Train timing as below:
Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
Board local train till Kasara.
Day: 1 - Saturday - Sandhan Valley Trek Route
01:30 Assemble at Kasara Rail Station.
05:30 Reach base village by local transport.
07:00 Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley.
13:30 Lunch in route.
16:00 Evening tea & snacks.
20:30 Dinner & Night Stay under open Sky in Tent.
Day: 2 - Sunday - Sandhan Valley Trek Route
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast.
08:30 Start descending toward Dehne village.
12:30 Reach Dehne village.
14:30 Start travel from Dehne village to Asangaon.
16:30 Disperse at Asangaon railway station.
- Transportation from Kasara – Sandhan Valley – Dehne – Asangaon by local Transport.
- Day 1 - 1 veg breakfast, evening tea, and 1 veg dinner.
- Day 2 – 1 veg breakfast.
- Equipment, expertise, guide charges and TreksandTrails charges if any
- Tent Stay on Saturday Night.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered etc.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Lunch for Saturday and Sunday is excluded.
How to Register
Batches for Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping for 2018
28th 29th April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
5th 6th May 2018
12th 13th May 2018
19th 20th May 2018
26th 27th May 2018
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1800.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate - Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
For any queries please call or email or whatsapp
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
First-trek-essentials - http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/18-explore-more/546-first-trek-essentials
Things to Carry - Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping
- Please carry lunch for day one
- Sleeping Bag are Compulsory.
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water 3 liters ( use reuseable water bottle )
- One extra pair of clothes, sweater.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional) - Get Dry Bag to keep clothes and electronic gadgets dry
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Sleeping bag, carry matt. ( Sleeping bag available on rent on availability )
- Personal medicines. Sweaters if required.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Wear good trekking shoes
- Plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
- Torch with extra batteries - Compulsory
- Bed sheets, please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
- Personal Medicine and First Aid.
- Identity proof (must)
Important Gear required
- One Day pack + rain cover 20 - 40 litres
- Identity proof (must)
- Head torch with extra batteries - Hand torch an alternative
- Sun Cap - Sun Glasses
- Two Full Trekking Pants - Quick Dry Material
- Two T-shirts - Full sleeves - Quick Dry Material
- Wear dark coloured clothes
- Avoid wearing white coloured clothes
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Walking stick advisable
- Trekking shoes with good grip on wet rocks
- Please avoid wearing sports shoes they have very less grip, Prefer Trekking shoes only
- Campus Trekking Shoes you can buy Rs 800 only good investment
- Floaters / Flip - flops 1 Pair (Optional) to relax after trek
- Avoid wearing repaired shoes or old shoes they will not last on this trek
Water & Food:
- Water bottle / Hydration bag 2 - 3 litres
- Snacks - Energy bars - Dry fruits - Glucon D - Ors Powder
Medicine & Doctor:
- Personal Medical Kit - Please carry First Aid Kit
- Please visit your Doctor before starting any outdoor trek or activity
- Sunscreen cream - Hand sanitiser
Rainwear & Monsoon Precaution:
- Rain Jacket - Poncho - Waterproof pants if you don’t want to get wet
- Dry Bag or Plastic bag to keep clothes dry
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Carry alternate cheap phone or dry bag for phone and power-bank for charging
- Heavy Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
Event Itinerary & Safety First:
- Please read the event itinerary
- Trekking is a specialist activity please come prepared
- Check you shoes, make sure your shoes are sturdy repaired ones or old shoes will not last in mountains.
- While trekking there is no one to impress so please don’t worry about fashion and bring sturdy gear which can survive mountain climate.
- If you have good gear there is no need to invest in new gear
Physical - Mental - Medical Preparation:
- Physical and positive frame of mind will help you keep pace.
- Bring your personal medication and basic first aid
- Visit a doctor for approval and judge your fitness before enrolling any trekking activity
- Stay calm during during difficult moments it will help you.
- Keep leeway in your travel plans just in case, mountain weather can affect your travel plans
- Dont worry about shoes getting wet while crossing streams or gear getting damage while trekking you can always replace them, but injury will lead to end of trek
How to protect your gear:
- Rain cover for your backpack will help keep your backpack dry and protect it from thorns and rocks.
- Dry bag / Waterproof kitbag to keep your clothes and gadgets dry and protected
- Dont walk with your phones or camera in hand one slip and you can damage your expensive gadgets
Be a Cool Traveller:
- Stay Organised by keeping necessary toiletries handy
- Smile and be courteous with locals and other travellers
- Learn local greetings Namaste / Julay / Salaam it will help you connect with people.
- Be environment friendly carry water bottle which can be refilled instead of purchasing bottled water
- Dont create extra plastic waste with food wrappers always leave the campsite cleaned
- Carry your garbage back home and dispose it, Kalsubai Mountain is eco sensitive area
- Follow Directions of Trek Leader
- Respect Local People
Treks and Trails Rules - Sandhan Valley
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Playing Loud Music not allowed
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the event without prior notice.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/skirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please avoid wearing gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
- Personal Garbage to be carried by participant themselves
- Please bring Plastic plates / Spoon / Tea Mug / Reuseable water bottle compulsory
Medical Disclosures and Event Risk Profile
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Wear good trekking shoes. Take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
FAQ - Sandhan Valley Trek
1. Are toilets available during Sandhan Valley Trek Route ?
No, Toilets are available at base village samrad and after the trek is completed at Dehne Village
2. Food available ?
Basic veg food is available prepared by locals
Breakfast - Poha and Tea
Main Meal - Bhakri / Sabzi / Rice / Daal / Papad / Pickle
3. Can we self drive till Samrad village ?
You would need driver as starting point of trek sandhan valley and end location of trek are different and 3 hours by car
4. Numbers of days required for this trek ?
Two days are required and two nights
5. Where can we park our cars for trek sandhan valley ?
Samrad village and parking is available
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Sleeping bag NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags
7. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events ?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
8. Are Kids allowed on treks sandhan valley?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
9. Phone Connectivity ?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
10. Where will we stay ?
a. First night at villagers house dormitory
b. Second night after sandhan valley trek we will stay in Jungle
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted ?
Cash payment is not accepted
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted
- We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must
12. Will i get bottled water ?
Normal well water shall be provided
You can buy water purify tablets from medical
13. Can i charge my phone ?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
14. How is the weather now ?
Winter Temperatur Night 10 - Day 30°C approx.
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol ?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis without refund.
16. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker ?
- Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay or resting place.
17. How do i make payment ?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
18. Hotels near Sandhan Valley Bhandardara?
List of Hotels Bhandardara
- MTDC Bhandardara
- Anandvan Resort
- Yash Resort
- Hotel Samadhan
- Locals offer homestay dormitory boards can be easily spotted along the road
19. Things to do near Sandhan Valley ?
- Visit Ghatghar Dam
- Ratangad Trek
- Kalsubai Trek
- Bhandardara Camping
- Alang Madan Kulang Trek
- Ghatghar Kokankada
- Visit Wilson Dam
- Boating at Bhandardara Lake
20. Sandhan Valley Trek Pune ?
Please read event itinerary tab on how to reach kasara for Pune participant
21. Sandhan Valley Trek Mumbai ?
Please read event itinerary tab on how to reach kasara for Mumbai participant
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )