Overnight Trek to Rajmachi and Kondane Caves 2017
About Rajmachi Village
Rajmachi Village has two forts, which were built by Shivaji Emperor during 17th century. It is a famous spot for trekking. It is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala Station. Rajmachi fort is a strategic fort overlooking Borghat, which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi peak has two fortified structures - the Shrivardhan fort and Manoranjan fort.
Batches for Rajmachi and Kondane Caves 2017
17th 18th June 2017
24th 25th June 2017
1st 2nd July 2017
8th 9th July 2017
15th 16th July 2017
22nd 23rd July 2017
29th 30th July 2017
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3600 ft (Approx.)
Grade: Easy- medium
Range: Kondivade to Karjat
Button TicketsBuy Here
Cost: Rs 1300.00
Rajmachi Trek Event Itinerary:
We meet at 17:15 Hrs. (sharp) at Lonavala Railway station
Suggested train to board is the 11009/Mumbai CST-Sinhagad Express, timings are:
- 14:30 CST
- 14:40 Dadar
- 15:08 Thane
- 15:28 Kalyan
- 16:08 Karjat
- 17:08 Lonavala.
17:30 Auto rickshaw ride from Lonavala ST bus depot till Tungarli dam base.
18:00 Tungarli Dam
18:30 Walk/Hike from Tungarli Dam to Rajmachi - 4hrs/17 kms max.
22:00 Reach base village.
06:30 Wake Up
08:00 Manoranjan fort and Shrivardhan fort exploration.
13:30 Descend from Rajmachi to Kondane (3 hrs.)
16:00 Kondane caves
17:00 Kondane village
18:30 Karjat railway station
- Travel cost from Lonavala to Tungarli dam base on Saturday,
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch.
- TreksandTrails India charges if any.
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- Food/Tea purchase while travelling to site and back.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required. Travel cost from Mumbai to Lonavala / Karjat and back.
How to Register
Batches for Rajmachi and Kondane Caves 2017
17th 18th June 2017 - Buy Tickets -
24th 25th June 2017 - Buy Tickets -
1st 2nd July 2017 - Buy Tickets -
8th 9th July 2017 - Buy Tickets -
15th 16th July 2017 - Buy Tickets -
22nd 23rd July 2017 - Buy Tickets -
29th 30th July 2017 - Buy Tickets -
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 1300.00 per person in the given a/c
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Account No: 32248535175
Account Holder Name: Mr. Rajesh Mhaddalkar
IFSC Code: SBIN0014771
Please Call or email for any clarification
Rajesh Mhaddalkar +919869629288 / +919768341848 (Trek Leader)
Treks and Trails 9619095743
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to Carry
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3lts.
- One extra pair of clothes.
- Ready to eat food – dry ration, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Electoral or GluconD powder.
- Sleeping bag, carry mat.
- Personal medicine prescribed by family doctor.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Wear good trekking shoes.
- Torch with extra an set of batteries, headlamp.
Treks and Trails India Rules
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
2. Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
3. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
4. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
5. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk)
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we drive till rajmachi Village?
Not in monsoon
How far it is from Mumbai/Pune?
3 hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx.
Number of days required for this event?
2 days and 1 Night
Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala at your own risk
Is there any parking charge?
Do you provide sleeping bags?
Sleeping bag: NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
Food preference only Veg local cooked available
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
Stay will be in dormitory villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided
Registration against 100% upfront payment only on the spot payment not accepted
Normal well water shall be provided
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 9619095743
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd